cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Google Nest Wired Doorbell

writernienie
Community Member

I just received the device yesterday and am already having issues. The microphone has not worked since installation -- it periodically gives one or two seconds of sound and then stops completely. And the connection is SUPER laggy. The device was working with our Pixels and Hub just fine yesterday. As of today, it all went to crap. The doorbell alerts the devices only once every ten or so attempts, and the app keeps freezing up.

I've tried rebooting the router. I've force quit the app and reopened. I've disconnected from Bluetooth and Wifi and retried everything. I've checked permissions. I've used Google site troubleshooting steps. I've also uninstalled and reinstalled the app. 

Google agents have no idea how to fix the issues, and I don't want to have to go through uninstalling the device and waiting a month or two for the replacement. And then starting the process all. over. again.

Has anyone else had issues out of the box with the doorbell? Is the app not showing any wifi information after connecting a normal thing? And is the whole thing being so laggy normal as well?

0 REPLIES 0