cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Google denied my Dropcam replacement 50% off coupon by inventing some arbitrary new rule

Yellowlemon3
Community Member

As you know Dropcams are losing support for Nest in a couple months. According to this post by Google support I should be entitled to 50% off Dropcam replacments for my 2 Dropcams. I contacted support twice. First time I never received my email resolution so I called a 2nd time only to be given this arbitrary made-up rule for denying me the coupon. See end of this post for their full response.

"It's important to note that only users with active Dropcams within the 28 days prior to this notice are eligible for certain benefits."

Anyway, here's the post by Google themselves outlining the 50% off coupon. There is nothing about the Dropcams needing to be plugged in during some arbitrary time window:

https://www.googlenestcommunity.com/t5/Blog/An-update-for-our-Nest-Secure-Dropcam-and-Works-with-Nes...

So it's obvious Google Nest will do just about anything to avoid keeping their promise to users who invested in Dropcam only to leave us hanging with bricked cameras. Shame on you Google!

- Matt

Google Nest support's full response:

After reviewing your account/device, we regret to inform you that you are not eligible for the promo code for the Nest Dropcam as per the terms and conditions outlined in our promotion. The specific details behind this decision are outlined below for your reference:

1. Upon thorough review of your account/device, it has come to our attention that both Dropcams have been offline and unreachable since January 10, 2023. It's important to note that only users with active Dropcams within the 28 days prior to this notice are eligible for certain benefits. Furthermore, we conducted additional checks in our other tools and found no promo codes entitled to. 
1 REPLY 1

MplsCustomer
Bronze
Bronze

@Yellowlemon3 

I'm just another Google Nest customer who has been watching this unfold.

The requirement that the Dropcam replacement offer is limited to customers with Dropcams active on a Nest Aware subscription during the 28 days before the April 7, 2023 announcement is NOT stated in the announcement, but customers in this forum have been reporting discovering that the offer was limited to active Dropcam customers shortly after the announcement last year, and that the offer wasn't sent to customers with inactive Dropcams.

I don't know why they didn't just state that hidden limitation in the April 7, 2023 announcement.