cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Google home playback video shows 5 min 2 sec but only allows you to watch 3 sec

ginger1234
Community Member

I have a Google home camera (nest) but this particular camera is the newer of the 3 that I have.  I have to use the google home app to watch the videos, as my home.nest.com link does not show this camera.  When i go to look at a video, they are broken into short videos rather than 24 hour coverage.  The clip in the app says it is 5 minutes and 2 sec but when I click on it to play, it only plays for 3 seconds.   How to i access the entire clip?

1 REPLY 1

EmptyNester
Gold Product Expert
Gold Product Expert

Hi Ginger1234 I'm an end user like you.  A couple things:

It sounds like you have a newer Nest camera  (aka generation 2)  which came out in September 2021.  If you want to view this camera from your computer browser then you need to go to home.google.com instead.  However at this moment it only shows the LIVE image.   Google has indicated that the viewing of the recorded clips and 24/7 is coming soon (I'm personally hoping before the end of the year).

As for why you are only getting a few seconds that one I'm not sure about.  Is this happening to all clips?  The first thing to check is let's make sure you have the NEST AWARE PLUS subscription activated.  Do this by going to the Google Home app on your phone and select the SETTINGs gear in the lower right corner.  Then scroll down and select Subscriptions and then select NEST AWARE.   At the very top it should say "Nest Aware Plus".   If it only says "Nest Aware" then you do not have the 24/7 recording option.

Do you have other cameras and are they operating correctly?