cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

How do I view my Nest Wired Floodlight via a Web Browser?

bdmeyer
Community Member

I work a 10 hour shift in a place where no personal electronic devices are allowed. I recently bought a metal workshop. I installed the Nest Floodlight Cam (Wired) and it only shows up on my phone app. The only way I can keep an eye on my property, especially when traveling overseas, is with the Web Browser, I found a post from the "GoogleNestTeam Community Manager (Admin)
Community Manager (Admin)
?09-29-2021 11:33 AM Google GM:"

stating (and I quote) " we are committed to bringing the experiences and Nest devices you have come to love in the Nest app into the Home app"

That is now (11/6/2023) well over 2 years ago. 

We need one app to show all Nest devices.

That app needs a Web Accessible version to follow the customers expectation that any Nest device you buy today, will function with the existing Nest ecosystem, and should not require the customer to have to use a second app for old and a separate app for new devices. If you want to create a new app for the nest devices, do it AFTER getting the original app to work across all Nest devices.

If I wanted to use a second app, i would have chosen Argo, or Ring. Next time I need to purchase something from google I will be careful to see if it works with everything else google. if not, It's time to move on and cut my losses.

This smells like class action bait waiting on a hungry legal team to jump on it.

This type of lying by a general manager tells me that google isn't very trustworthy. Creating new hardware that doesn't work on the existing software tell me google doesn't care about it's existing customers.

1 Recommended Answer

MplsCustomer
Bronze
Bronze

@bdmeyer 

You can view the livestream (but no history) of your floodlight camera and all of your cameras and doorbells on the beta/preview home.google.com website, which has been in "Public Preview" status since it became available in October 2022.

View Recommended Answer in original post

3 REPLIES 3

MplsCustomer
Bronze
Bronze

@bdmeyer 

You can view the livestream (but no history) of your floodlight camera and all of your cameras and doorbells on the beta/preview home.google.com website, which has been in "Public Preview" status since it became available in October 2022.

bdmeyer
Community Member

Thanks MplsCustomer (1, 2 and 3) 🙂  That works perfectly for my needs.

Super_paulie
Community Member

how can it take over a year to move from Beta to final, its crazy especially when you consider the absolutely huge size of google and its resources. I mean, give me a day and access to the code and i could probably make a fully fledged website or app that does absolutely everything and thats just me sat at my desk.