cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I now have a nest camera paper weight.

BasshawK
Community Member

So I went to hook up my nest camera which was sitting in a drawer for a couple yes and as soon as I did I got a message saying they would end support in April. 

After further research I found out that they were offering credits for people that had the webcam that used it apparently 28 days prior to the cutoff date which was this last April. 

Being that I haven't booted up my camera in a while I didn't get the rebate and also when I reconnected The nest cam I had to do it through Google now because the company has been sold two times. 

Unfortunately for me they don't seem to have a record of when I used it before but I still have the camera and now I'm going to lose the ability to use it in April. 

I'm not sure why it would matter if I used it or not anyway being that I bought it and paid the same money as everybody else it should be entitled to continue using it in my opinion. 

I think I spent around 3 hours chatting with Google until they ghosted me

•  
3 REPLIES 3

David_K
Platinum Product Expert
Platinum Product Expert

I'd check which camera model it is first:

Learn about differences between Dropcam and Dropcam Pro - Google Nest Help

Assuming it is a Dropcam or Dropcam Pro (not a Nest Cam model which is not affected by the announcement), the Dropcam replacement offer went to customers whose Dropcams were active on a Nest Aware subscription a month before the April 8th offer, so the offer should have gone to the email attached to your Nest Aware subscription, assuming you had one at that time. In any case, to check if you're eligible, you'll need to contact the Google Nest support team directly.

1. Go to Contact Us - Google Nest Help
  2. Select an appropriate product or category, type a brief description of the issue, then click Next.
  3. Click Other, then click Next step.
  4. In the Resources section, click Next step.
  5. Choose to get a phone call, call or chat with the team, depending on availability in your country.

BasshawK
Community Member

Yeah it's a dropcam pro. My account was active and I was using my dropcam a long time ago then put the camera away for a while when I moved. Now that I want to use it I'm my daughter's room, I can't (well technically I could till April that's not going to do me much good).

So the problem is Google doesn't have a record of me using the camera which I don't even know why that matters.

So at the end of the day I bought a camera that I can't use nor am I going to get compensated for. I've already spent 3 hours chatting with Google it's like talking to a robot they can't help me.