cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Indoor chimes unable to activate in Google home.

Ahvang
Community Member

Hi,

My Google doorbell 2nd generation batteri has changed setup. I am now unable to set the indoor chiming to on.

So now the doorbell only rings outside and not inside.

The first time I installed / setup the doorbell it worked find with this feature. Now the words has a grey tone and can't be changed.

How do I make it possible to again select this feature?

4 REPLIES 4

MplsCustomer
Bronze
Bronze

@Ahvang 

The only reason why the "Indoor chime" option for your battery doorbell should be disabled and greyed out is if your battery doorbell is not connected to your doorbell wires and therefore cannot send a signal to your indoor doorbell chime when the doorbell button is pressed. Are your doorbell wires loose or disconnected, either at the doorbell or at your indoor chime or at the transformer?

Ahvang
Community Member

I Have checked the wiring and tested them  before I attached the wire til the doorbell.

crossing the wire activates the indoor bell. But I still can’t select in the app the indoor bell. 

@Ahvang 

If your doorbell is securely wired, I don't know what else could cause the "Indoor chime" option to become disabled after you installed it.

If, when you were installing your doorbell, you selected "Battery" instead of "Wired terminals" in response to "What will your new doorbell use for power?", then the "Indoor chime" option would be disabled, but I don't think there's any way to change this battery/wired option once the doorbell is already installed.

We have the older Google Nest Hello (wired) Doorbells, so I don't know whether something has malfunctioned in your doorbell and you need to remove it, factory reset it, and reinstall it. You could try contacting Support:

1. Go to https://support.google.com/googlenest/gethelp.
2. Select a category/product family, and type in a brief description of the issue, then click "Next".
3. Click "Other", then click "Next step".
4. Under "Resources", just click "Next step". (Clicking one of the listed links will bring up a Help page page.)
5. Under "Contact options", choose to get a phone call or chat with the team, depending on availability in your country.

Thanks.

The doorbell is a battery version. But it needs to be direct indoor chime. Not power from external source.

I do not know if this helps you.

I will try to contact and have a chat with team.

thanks again,