cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Migration from non supported drop cam

Mdwlkerson
Community Member

I had to replace two dropcams that were no lomger supported. When I installed the brand new google cams as replacements I had to do so through the google home app, not the nest app, and I cant get the cameras to show up in the nest app (they are on the google home app). Is there a work around? i prefer the Net app for everything. 

1 Recommended Answer

MplsCustomer
Bronze
Bronze

@Mdwlkerson 

Unfortunately, all 2nd gen Google Nest cameras and doorbells only work in the Google Home app and NOT in the Google Nest app.

We discovered this to our surprise in Sept. 2021 when we bought a 2nd gen battery camera, and have had to use 2 apps ever since for our Google Nest cameras and doorbells.

View Recommended Answer in original post

2 REPLIES 2

MplsCustomer
Bronze
Bronze

@Mdwlkerson 

Unfortunately, all 2nd gen Google Nest cameras and doorbells only work in the Google Home app and NOT in the Google Nest app.

We discovered this to our surprise in Sept. 2021 when we bought a 2nd gen battery camera, and have had to use 2 apps ever since for our Google Nest cameras and doorbells.

Thanks for the info. You would think a company the size and Sophistication of Google would  manage the integration better. The best Appl is much better.