Hello, if there are multiple routines set up for one particular camera, how does the hierarchy / logic work? Trying to set up for example:
- If Away from home, turn camera on
- If Home and it is day time, turn camera off
- If Home and it is night time, turn camera on
Seems possible to add camera to a Home / Away trigger as well as specific time triggers, but not clear what happens when they combine (eg if have a morning trigger to turn camera off for daytime, but I was already away from home for a few days, will the timing trigger turn the camera off even though I’m Away)?
I basically set up the same thing. I have the Home/Away routines turning my cameras on whenever, both my wife and I are Away, or back off when one of us returns (simple presence sensing). I also have the Sunrise/Sunset routines to turn the cameras on and off respectfully.
1) So scenario 1, if we both leave our home (Away) during the day, the cameras turn on, and sunset occurs, the sunset routine runs anyway and the cameras that are already on remain on. But, when we return after dark (after sunset), the Home routine runs and turns the cameras off. Sunset has already run and does not run again. I am aware of that, so what I do is open the home app and run the Sunset routine manually again, and that turns the cameras back on.
2) Likewise, scenario 2, if we both leave early in the morning before official sunrise, the Away routine will run and turn the cameras on, but they are already on. So, when Sunrise occurs, the cameras will turn off, in which case, if no one is home, I run the sunset routine manually, (during the day) to turn the cameras on (all 7 of them). I find it easier to run the routine manually than turning the on individually. You could also do it on the web as well. (home.google.com)
You just have to be aware of what you have set up and when they would occur. It is really simple, routines occur in order of the starter no matter what is already on or off. It would be nice to customize a little bit of if/then triggers, but that is not available quit yet. The best thing is to not get really complicated with your routines and start simple.
If you have the new Google Home preview app, I have the Sunrise and Sunset routines on my Favorite tab so that I can run them easily if necessary.
@Jmellis3 I wanted to follow up and see if you are still in need of any help. Please let me know if you are still having any concerns or questions from here, as I would be happy to take a closer look and assist you further.
I appreciate the help, Brad and BG.
Just checking in to make sure that you've seen our responses. Please let me know if you have other questions or concerns as I will be locking this in 24 hours if I won't hear back from you again. Feel free to start a new thread and we'll be happy to help.
Thanks for the help, Emerson.