cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Nest Cam with floodlight - low battery?

fshunting
Community Member

My wired nestcam with floodlight has a drained battery and the floodlight won’t turn on. How is this possible when it’s wired to a circuit? The app started reporting low battery and now it’s completely dead. I didn’t think these wired units had batteries? It’s only been installed for about a month. 

1 Recommended Answer

Make sure you don’t have a switch associated with the nest cam w/floodlight. I installed mine where a traditional light used to be and didn’t realize that someone had flipped the switch off, killing power to the unit. 

View Recommended Answer in original post

7 REPLIES 7

Mike_1987
Community Member

I have the same issue.  Mine will start charging & it will say it has 6% battery & it says its "Plugged In".  Then a couple hours later it was show the infinity symbol, then a few hours after that it is 3% battery.

Make sure you don’t have a switch associated with the nest cam w/floodlight. I installed mine where a traditional light used to be and didn’t realize that someone had flipped the switch off, killing power to the unit. 

Mine is put on a switch, but I have taped it to the "on" position so that it is not accidentally turned off.  Good suggestion though.

Teal
Community Member

Any other ideas? Mine has done the same, but the switch is on. 

Rdm203
Community Member

Mine does the same thing. Google support is no help. Has anyone considered starting a class action suit? This is ridicules. 

My is hardwire and shows battery this makes no sense. Switch is left on all the time!

Zeusis
Community Member

Yeah this is happening to me and yes the switch is on all the time as well.  What's the deal?  Do I need to check the voltage to make sure it's constant?