cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Nest Doorbell (battery) Nest Hun connection issue

Gilly24
Community Member

When a visitor rings my Nest Doorbell (battery) my Nest Hub 2nd generation will announce the visitor but won’t display live feed. The screen says - front doorbell, camera feed not available. I can live stream the doorbell that’s fine, I just can’t see who is there when the doorbell is pressed. I’ve done a reset on the doorbell and the hub, I’ve uninstalled the doorbell and hub and set it back up on the Google home. It’s connected to the same WiFi. Can anyone help? 

3 REPLIES 3

MplsCustomer
Bronze
Bronze

@Gilly24 

Did you recently install your battery doorbell or Nest Hub? I'm asking because many months ago there was a "camera feed not available" problem for many customers when their doorbell was rung, until Google Nest rolled out a fix. Since Google Nest never reports fixes, I don't know whether the fix was on Google Nest's servers, or on its Nest Hubs, or doorbells, or Google Nest app, or Google Home app. If your devices were recently installed, perhaps the problem will correct itself once the devices get updated to the most recent firmware.

I think your issue could also be caused by a weak Wi-Fi signal in your doorbell's location.

Hi @MplsCustomer  I installed the doorbell about 2 weeks ago and I have only had the Nest Hub for 3 days. The WiFi is directly behind the doorbell so there’s no issues with signal. I have no issues if I want to view the doorbell live feed from the Nest Hub but if someone rings the doorbell it says camera feed not available. 

@Gilly24 

Well, when you buy a Nest Hub, the firmware can often be out of date because it may have been sitting on a shelf somewhere for awhile. And since Google Nest handles pushing out firmware updates and there is nothing we as customers can do to force an update, it might take a little while before your Nest Hub's firmware gets updated. Maybe you'll get lucky and any pending firmware update will take care of the problem.

If it's not that, maybe it's something about the battery doorbell. Since it's running on battery power, it is usually in "Idle" mode. Maybe--this is sheer speculation on my part--the doorbell is able to trigger the visitor announcement notification to your Nest Hub, but is not able to wake up in time for the automatic video feed.

You could also try contacting Support:

1. Go to https://support.google.com/googlenest/gethelp.
2. Select a category/product family, and type in a brief description of the issue, then click "Next".
3. Click "Other", then click "Next step".
4. Under "Resources", just click "Next step". (Clicking one of the listed links will bring up a Help page page.)
5. Under "Contact options", choose to get a phone call or chat with the team, depending on availability in your country.