cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Nest Doorbell (wired) (Gen1) should record only on doorbell.

alexbrickwedde
Community Member

Hi,

i've configured my Nest Doorbell (wired) to not "push notify" me of persons/parcels/other. But it still records all these events and shows them in the event history. And it "push notifies" me, when the doorbell is used.

Not bad, but: My wife does not want to be recorded all the time when entering or leaving the house. So i deactivated the event recording. The event history stays empty now. But i no longer get push notifications, if anyone rings the doorbell.

I started a Nest Aware subscription. This re-activated the event based recording, all events are recorded again. I can filter the event history now, but that's not what i want. Even worse, i cannot deactivate the event recording.

What must i do, to make the Nest Doorbell only record (or list in event history), if the doorbell is used?

Best Regards

...Alex

3 REPLIES 3

MplsCustomer
Bronze
Bronze

@alexbrickwedde 

There is no option on the 1st gen Google Nest Hello Doorbell (we have three of them) to NOT record events if you have a Nest Aware subscription unless you turn off the "Video recording" option, in which case you will receive snapshots for all events, but not video clips.

I already cancelled my subscription. When 30 days are over, I still need an option to have push notifications of the doorbell with event recording switched off. Or disable some events causing a recording.

@alexbrickwedde 

Without a Nest Aware subscription, you will get snapshots of activity for the most recent 3 hours for 1st gen cameras and doorbells. There's no way to turn that off.

https://support.google.com/googlenest/answer/9681538

You could try turning off "Video recording", but the message in the app seems to indicate you'll still get snapshots.