cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Nest doorbell: Doesn't chime on all devices and if - only chime, no announcements

ollire86
Community Member

Hello everybody,

I have recently installed the Nest doorbell (battery). It's wired, so I don't have to care about the battery levels.

My problem:

Everything works fine with the phones - somebody's standing in front of the door/camera, somebody's ringing the bell - everything is working perfectly.

BUT:

It's NOT working with my 1st gen hubs and speakers. With some, I get the chime, but NO visitor announcement ("XYZ is standing at the door"), with others I get nothing at all. 

Visitor announcements are ON, no "no disturb" modes are active, everything's running under the same (Mesh) WiFi and respective Google Home in the Home App. I have factory reset all hubs/speakers.

It's a little bit annoying :(...

I would really appreciate your help with that!

Kind regards

Oliver 

20 REPLIES 20

m_k23
Community Member

Just interested because i have a similar problem since some days and i am also in contact with Google Support because of that topic: When you ring your doorbell, does a white window appear on the Hubs? Like its trying to notify you but stops before it really does the notify? Only the white "popup" for a split second?

ollire86
Community Member

Hi, I just tried and indeed it shows the same behavior you mentioned 👍! Some of my speakers ring occasionally - but don't say "someone's at your door" or "XYZ is at your door" or sth like that!

If you got some feedback from the support team, I would appreciate you telling here! Kind regards!

m_k23
Community Member

I keep you updated if i get any new info from the support. 

They escalated it to the next level if i understood it correct. We tried almost everything they could think of. 

Resetting devices. Changing Wifi, Deleting Apps and reinstalling, Checking all the checkboxes they know of, infos about my network, and so on ^^

ollire86
Community Member

I've been through that, too. Hope we'll get this settled soon!!

alangguth
Community Member

I have got the same problem. Exactly as described.

I also have the same problem, I even described it here. 

https://www.googlenestcommunity.com/t5/Cameras-and-Doorbells/Google-Doorbell-no-ring-sound-on-Nest-H...

Seems like I'm not alone, glad I found this thread here. 

m_k23
Community Member

Another interesting thing is just noticed ... All Smart Home Devices i have in the App are no longer available in the "Smart Home Tab" on the Nest Hub. I dont know if you have any devices you can control, but i had all of them available there before.

ollire86
Community Member

same here though I don't know how it's been before as I never used it

EvilPhil
Community Member

I just checked, and it's the same here. No devices on the smart home tab on all my nest hubs. Strangely voice activation for these devices is still working fine though, for example "hey google, turn on the lights in the kitchen" etc.

I'm also quite fed up with google home and I'm thinking of throwing everything through the window and get some more decent gear, which actually is working as intended. 

m_k23
Community Member

Just as update. Another Mail from Support asking Infos about Firmware, Network and other stuff .. still not working. Waiting ....

alangguth
Community Member

I implemented a workaround by adding a routine that "broadcasts" that there is "someone at the door".

At least some notification

m_k23
Community Member

I am really thinking about ditching all the google Devices step by step. 

If it works its great, but if it got problems you have no chance without Google Support. And that is not really a great experience at the moment.

Maybe a Reolink, cheaper and has better integration into Home Assistant. My workaround now is a zigbee button i taped on the front door which announces via Home Assistant to all speakers. And you know what ... that works without any problem, and without the delay i normally experience with the Google Doorbell

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Great idea, did the same workaround, seems to be working. At least something, we just got some visitors, it was casted to all of my 5 devices 👍

ollire86
Community Member

I am resetting my network with Nest Wifi Pro routers (wanted to do that anyway b/c my apartment will double it's size ;)). Likely won't do anything, but worth a try!

ollire86
Community Member

Just talked to German support about the issues (smart home control missing on hubs and no doorbell notifications in hubs and speakers). The problem is well known and they are working hard to get the system back on track - at least they are telling us to do so ^^

That's actually great to hear. I'm quite confident that they'll fix it in a couple of days. At least that's what I experienced in the past, when similar problems came up. 

ollire86
Community Member

UPDATE: Doorbell working again on Hubs and speakers! Announces "Dingdong, XYZ is at the door"!

What's still not working is the streaming to the Hubs!

Still no picture and option to respond via hub 🤷‍♂️.

Maybe the update improved things. But we're still not there yet!!!

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&opi=89978449&url=https://9to5google.com/2024/03/01/...

m_k23
Community Member

Wish you good luck guys. Switched now to a Reolink Doorbell and will soon get out of the Nest Plan with the other cams i got. But i hope they fix it that you can use it again like intended.