cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Nest doorbell doesn’t ring in my house although it did prior to winter

Spurndy
Community Member

I have a google nest doorbell that’s wired in. It initially rang inside the house but after cold winter it stopped and will not ring indoors even though it has warmed up. I even charged it although it’s wired. It rang once but cannot get it to ring inside. I looked at my settings and even changed duration of ring still no indoor ring. Thankyou

2 REPLIES 2

MplsCustomer
Bronze
Bronze

@Spurndy 

It's possible the small internal battery in your Nest Hello doorbell has begun to fail--along with hundreds of other customers' doorbells. The most common symptom of the battery failure is that, when the doorbell is pressed, the camera goes offline for a short while and the indoor chime does not work.

One month ago (March 2), 2 of our 3 Nest Hello Doorbells (19 and 17 months old at the time) started going off-line whenever the doorbell is pressed. I too filled out the form posted months ago on the very long thread below. We've since turned off the indoor chime as a workaround, relying instead on announcements on our Nest Hubs. Like others I too have heard nothing at all from Google Nest.

Other customers report that Google Nest tells them they are out of luck if their doorbell is more than a year old.

https://www.googlenestcommunity.com/t5/Cameras-and-Doorbells/Nest-Hello-Doorbell-cuts-out-when-butto...

Eggplant1
Community Member

still cannot hear it