cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

No out of warranty support - at all!

dschnur
Community Member
IMG_1866.jpeg

Dear Google:

Enough of the BS about being environmentally friendly.

I own a Nest doorbell that started peeling after two years. I posted to this board asking about out of warranty repairs and was contacted via email by a representative who asked me for my address, the serial number etc. I replied to them with their requested info, and then... crickets.

After more than a week, I sent them an email asking for the status of the ticket. They replied, the next day, that since this was a support issue, they could not resolve it via email and included a link for me to chat on-line with a representative.

Ok, not the most customer friendly thing, but I bit. I opened a chat and was able to "talk" with a person. Their solution: "We can only send out a new one if it is under warranty." There are no repair options and no way to get parts.

So, after them wasting more than a week of my time, I have an expensive and ugly piece of e-waste screwed to the front of my house with no way to fix it.

Great.
2 REPLIES 2

UFGator
Community Member

That sucks!! 

UFGator
Community Member
  • Sorry, that wasn't helpful..but I'm seeing that a lot of people seem to b having that same issue! Very disappointing..I would look into it and see if there's ANYONE higher up that cares (?) I tend to write letters..not sure if it will help, but obviously there is a design flaw