cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Restricting access on google home to a home member

Matthew4
Community Member

Hello, I have setup 3 cameras in my backyard, and one in a shed that, so I am aware that you can invite people to the same family so you can all watch the cameras, which is nice, however, there are some people who I only want to have access to the shed camera. When I added someone, on their profile I see 2 thing, "Access Details" and "Device Access", under access details, it says they are a manager, is there a way I can change this to something else like a guest? I have not been able to find a way to do this, also, under Device access, it says All devices, I press on it, it shows me all the cameras, however it doesn't give me an option to take any of them away, it just simply shows me what cameras they have access to. Lastly, (this one really makes no sense to me) they can remove me from my home, even though it is my home, because they are a manager, which is something I cannot change. Is the there something I'm missing? If so please help me, btw I am aware that I can make another home, but this would make it very inconvenient to go back and forth, and I would have to add everyone to the second home so they can see the other camera.

1 REPLY 1

MplsCustomer
Bronze
Bronze

@Matthew4 

You are not missing anything. When you add someone to your Google Nest "home", they get "full access and control of devices & services". Unfortunately, there is no guest access or any other limited access option, even though customers in this forum have been asking for it for years.

https://support.google.com/googlenest/answer/9155535?hl=en&sjid=12307239473024406673-NC#zippy=%2Cinv...