cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Setting up google doorbell 2 nd generation wired

Henrythomas1
Community Member

Hey, we have recently had fitted our google doorbell, I’m trying to add the doorbell to my google home app and then want to connect it to all my other google devices, I go into the google home app select add device and select the doorbell, it then asks me to scan the QR code which it does but then nothing happens, it just doesn’t go past this stage, I’ve also tried tapping in the code instead of scanning and it says it’s the wrong code?  Any help would be very much appreciated please. 

7 REPLIES 7

MplsCustomer
Bronze
Bronze

@Henrythomas1 

Are you typing in the 6-character Setup Code that's supposed to be printed on the back of the doorbell near the QR code? Have you tried scanning the QR code as printed on your Quick Start Guide? Are Bluetooth and Wi-Fi turned on on your phone?

Henrythomas1
Community Member

Hey, thanks for replying,  yes I’ve typed in the 6 digit code, it says wrong code?  I’ve tried scanning both QR codes first on the set up guide and 2 nd the QR code on the back of the doorbell, both Wi-Fi and Bluetooth are on? 

@Henrythomas1 

I don't know, then. I've seen posts in this forum about this happening if they are trying to install a Google Nest device in the wrong app (the Google Nest app vs. the Google Home app). Your post indicates you have the 2nd Gen Google Nest Doorbell (https://store.google.com/us/product/nest_doorbell?hl=en-US), which gets installed in the Google Home app, and NOT the older Google Nest Hello Doorbell (https://www.kohls.com/product/prd-3262665/nest-hello-video-doorbell.jsp?skuid=50087745&CID=shopping3...), which gets installed in the Google Nest app.

Hey Henrythomas1,

Checking back in — how's it going? Still need our help?

Regards,

JT

Henrythomas1
Community Member

Thankyou for trying to help, it is the home app I’ve been trying to use. I am going to contact a google engineer I think. Thanx once again for taking the time to try help. 

Hi folks,

Henrythomas1, sounds like a plan! Keep us posted. We’re here to help.

I appreciate the help, MplsCustomer.

Thanks,

JT

Hi there,

Just checking in to make sure that you saw my response. I'll be locking this thread if I won't hear back from you again in 24 hours. Should that happen, feel free to create a new one if you have more questions or have other concerns in the future. 

Best,

JT