cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Slow Internet Speed at Midnight with Google Nest WiFi Router and Touch Screen Laptops

jessicashepherd
Community Member

Hello everyone,

I'm facing a frustrating issue with my Google Nest WiFi Router - 4x4 AC2200 Wi-Fi Mesh System, specifically related to slow internet speed during midnight hours. I'm reaching out to the forum for any insights, suggestions, or potential workarounds from fellow users who might have encountered a similar situation or have expertise with Google Nest WiFi and touch screen laptops.

Here's a breakdown of my setup:

Wi-Fi Router: Google Nest WiFi Router - 4x4 AC2200 Wi-Fi Mesh System.

Laptops: Touch screen laptops Ram 16 GB Window 11  

The problem I'm experiencing is that during midnight hours, my internet speed noticeably slows down when connected to the Google Nest WiFi network. This issue seems to be specific to touch screen laptops, as other devices on the network, such as smartphones or non-touch screen laptops, do not exhibit the same slow speed behavior.

To troubleshoot the problem, I have taken the following steps, but the issue persists:

Restarted the Google Nest WiFi router and touch screen laptops.

Ensured that the Google Nest WiFi firmware is up to date.

Checked for any network congestion or bandwidth-hogging devices during the midnight hours.

Verified that the touch screen laptops' software and drivers are updated.

I have also contacted Google Nest support, but they haven't provided a satisfactory resolution so far. They mentioned that the router and touch screen laptops should be compatible and that there are no known issues with Google Nest WiFi regarding touch screen functionality.

If any of you have encountered similar slow internet speed issues during midnight hours with Google Nest WiFi and touch screen laptops, I would greatly appreciate any advice, tips, or potential workarounds you may have. Could there be specific router settings or configurations that need attention? Is there a possibility of interference or a compatibility issue between touch screen laptops and Google Nest WiFi during that time?

Thank you all in advance for your assistance, and I'm eagerly looking forward to hearing your insights and suggestions!

0 REPLIES 0