cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Solenoid constantly running

Gossettben
Community Member

Electrician installed a new transformer now the solenoid is constantly moving and making ticking noise. How do I get this to stop and just ring properly?

7 REPLIES 7

MplsCustomer
Bronze
Bronze

@Gossettben 

That seems like an issue that the electrician should have addressed when they installed the new transformer.

Does your transformer meet Google Nest's requirements? (See the post below.) Many customers, including us, have found they needed to upgrade to a 16V 30VA transformer to get their doorbell to work correctly.

Is your chime connector wired correctly? (See the post below.)

https://support.google.com/googlenest/answer/12153643

EmptyNester
Gold Product Expert
Gold Product Expert

There is a small white "puck" that go into the indoor chime mounted on your wall.  Did you installer remove it not knowing what it was?  Or perhaps he didn't connect the puck correctly?

I looked in the original box and it is not there, I think you are exactly right. It must have either got thrown away or wasn’t in there and I can’t seem to find a replacement online to purchase - any advice? Thanks! 

Sadly, Google does not sell ANY replacement parts at all.  However if it is less than a year old (IE still in warranty) there is a chance Google will send you a replacement part.   Here is a link (below) to open a support ticket.

In the mean time I would disconnect the door bell solenoid if it is buzzing.  That means it is constantly getting power and it could be over heating and could burn it out. 

Here is the link:   Once you answer all the questions there should be an option to escalate to a phone call and you can speak with someone and see if they will send you one.   Good luck and please return here and let us know how it went.

https://support.google.com/googlenest/gethelp

I took this recommendation and it worked perfectly. They sent me a new doorbell and I am returning mine due to it being under warranty. Thank you very much!

That is great news.   I'm glad  you are back up and running.

EmptyNester
Gold Product Expert
Gold Product Expert

One more thing.  You may want to pop the cover off of your doorbell chime on the wall and see if he installed it but it is just connected incorrectly.