cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

View 24/7 History in Google Home App

GarySC
Community Member

I just ordered several of the new Google Nest Cams (battery) and now I see they they will not work with the Nest App, only the Google Home app. They will be constantly powered so should they record 24/7. How do you view the 24/7 scroll feed in the Google Home app, not just events (like you can in the Nest app)? I have the Nest Aware Plus subscription. I tried viewing my current camera’s recorded feeds, but I can only see events, not 24/7 feeds. The support page says there should be a history option at the bottom, but mine doesn’t have this. 

I ask this question because our neighbor had something stolen from their house yesterday. My Google Hello doorbell camera caught the subject as he was walking past my home, but was not flagged as a motion event. Had I not been able to scroll through the feed, I would have never known the guy had walked past.
2 REPLIES 2

Funk
Community Member

I, too, just purchased a couple of new cameras, having an older doorbell and indoor cam through Nest.  I just got off of a chat asking some of the same questions and came away very disappointed.

In the "History" section, there's a scroller at the bottom where you can move back and forth, but it's VERY granular.  Moving hours or days would take forever.

The old cameras don't have the History section in the Home app and you have to manage them through the Nest app, but can't add the new ones there.  There is a Nest icon at the top of that camera to take you to that app.

I was also informed that the only way to view the new camera data is in the Home app, which means when there's an incident, I have to review on a 6" screen, rather than on my computer.

I'm still waiting on my power cords to see how the 24/7 works, but I'm not sure I won't return them and switch to something that has my cameras integrated in one place with software that actually lets you review and use the footage.

GarySC
Community Member

Thank you for the update. That is the reason I moved to the Nest platform, from Ring, because of the capability to have 24/7 recording. I was the only person in my neighborhood to capture video of the theft suspect because of being able to view that 24/7 video, not just a short event clip. I guess if that is the way Google is going with their platform, I might as well not even use these cameras, and go back to Ring, which is a lot cheaper, or go to something completely different that has its own DVR.