cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Wired Nest Doorbell (gen 1) won’t factory reset

Rlaing
Community Member

I migrated my account to Google and lost connection to my thermostat and doorbell. I was able to get back to the thermostat but I am trying to reconnect the doorbell. The factory reset steps (push the doorbell button and the pinhole button for 10 seconds) doesn’t reset it. The app keeps telling me that the device is attached to another account. Any ideas?

1 Recommended Answer

MplsCustomer
Bronze
Bronze

@Rlaingand @Nestophile 

Perhaps you should contact Support. We migrated in 2020, but migrating from a Nest Account to a Google Account should not cause you to lose "connection" to your 1st gen Google Nest Hello Doorbell. You should be able to log into the Google Nest app using the "Sign on with Google" option and all of your Google Nest devices should be there.

1. Go to https://support.google.com/googlenest/gethelp.
2. Select a category/product family, and type in a brief description of the issue, then click "Next".
3. Click "Other", then click "Next step".
4. Under "Resources", just click "Next step". (Clicking one of the listed links will bring up a Help page page.)
5. Under "Contact options", choose to get a phone call or chat with the team, depending on availability in your country.

View Recommended Answer in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Nestophile
Community Member

I am having the same problems.  I have wasted two afternoons (7+ hours) Connecting and reconnecting wires, migrating (again) my Nest account to Google.  I have pushed the pinhole factory restart, reset, I have pushed both the reset buttons and the doorbell simultaneously.  This should have been much easier.

MplsCustomer
Bronze
Bronze

@Rlaingand @Nestophile 

Perhaps you should contact Support. We migrated in 2020, but migrating from a Nest Account to a Google Account should not cause you to lose "connection" to your 1st gen Google Nest Hello Doorbell. You should be able to log into the Google Nest app using the "Sign on with Google" option and all of your Google Nest devices should be there.

1. Go to https://support.google.com/googlenest/gethelp.
2. Select a category/product family, and type in a brief description of the issue, then click "Next".
3. Click "Other", then click "Next step".
4. Under "Resources", just click "Next step". (Clicking one of the listed links will bring up a Help page page.)
5. Under "Contact options", choose to get a phone call or chat with the team, depending on availability in your country.

Thank you for the advice!  Google Support was amazing!  My issue ended up being the doorbell was connected to a different account but they stayed with me while I reset it and reconnected and configured it. I am impressed with their service!