cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Wireless doorbell offline

Jacksonoffroad
Community Member

My frustrations are at an all time high iwth Google. I ordered my first battery powered doorbell. Installed it and it worked for a day. Notifications were working and I could view it live from my Home App. 

The following day, it showed up as offline in my app. I went through every troubleshooting steps available from Google. I contacted customer service, and they sent me a replacement that I had to pay for upfront as I was going to mail the first one back. 

I installed the second one and after 4 days, same issues. I tried everything. Reset my router thinking that was the issue, hard reset on my phone. I've spent hours here. I ended up purchasing an Arlo doorbell and it has ZERO issues. 

Now, I'm wanting to return the two Nest devices back to Google for a refund. I'm told that a refund is not an option. 

Ive never experienced anything like this before...this will be the last time I purchase anything from Google again.

2 REPLIES 2

MplsCustomer
Bronze
Bronze

@Jacksonoffroad 

I've been an active watcher in this forum ever since we bought a Google Nest Camera (Battery) in Sept. 2021 and discovered it works only in the Google Home app. My impression from numerous posts in this forum is that the Google Nest Doorbell (Battery) is a deeply flawed product, and its cold weather issues make it useless here in Minnesota. We instead bought another Google Nest Hello Doorbell and wired it with an OhmKat Power Adapter for a previously unwired entrance at our house.

If Google Nest persists in refusing to give you a refund for a fundamentally defective product, you could try contacting your state's Attorney General's office. Google Nest is refusing to replace Nest Hello doorbells that peel or whose internal battery fails after the 1-year warranty even when contacted by AG offices, but if both of your battery doorbells have failed when new, Google Nest might give you a refund if contacted by an AG's office.

They have $400 of my money. They won't get away with it.