cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

new nest indoor wired does not appear with others on the account

Pilose
Community Member

Replaced a Dropcam Pro with a Nest Cam Wired Indoor that was supplied by Google.  Used Google Home app on an iPhone for the setup, with the same Google account as the old camera plus 5 others that are in use at home and business.

The new wired indoor now appears along with the other 5 only when accessed with the phone, but does not show up on any Windows PC display with the others as the Dropcam used to.  Same Google account is used on all platforms.

??

1 Recommended Answer

EmptyNester
Gold Product Expert
Gold Product Expert

Hello,  I think this is what you are running into:   When google (2+ years ago) released the new line of Nest cameras (aka Gen 2 cameras) they were only made to work with the GOOGLE HOME app and they do not work in the older NEST app.   Along with that if you want to view the new cameras from you PC's browser then you have  to use the website home.googe.com.   And at this time you can only view the live images.  Google has been working on updates but the are coming slowly.  I'm personally hoping that we can view the recorded events on the new website soon.

Let me know if this helps.

View Recommended Answer in original post

2 REPLIES 2

EmptyNester
Gold Product Expert
Gold Product Expert

Hello,  I think this is what you are running into:   When google (2+ years ago) released the new line of Nest cameras (aka Gen 2 cameras) they were only made to work with the GOOGLE HOME app and they do not work in the older NEST app.   Along with that if you want to view the new cameras from you PC's browser then you have  to use the website home.googe.com.   And at this time you can only view the live images.  Google has been working on updates but the are coming slowly.  I'm personally hoping that we can view the recorded events on the new website soon.

Let me know if this helps.

Pilose
Community Member

My dad used to tell me that "If it ain't broke, don't try to fix it."  I wish that the boys and girls on the Google committees that are impelled to "improve" products that work perfectly well from the customer's point-of-view, had known my father.