cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

"Camera Feed Not Available" Error

dwmccorm
Community Member

Hello,

My Google Nest Hub (Second Generation) shows an error of "Camera Feed Not Available" whenever someone rings my Nest Doorbell battery.

Bad.jpg

This is strange since I can can use the Nest Hub to manually view the door bell.  Just that when someone rings, the screen goes grey.

I have done the following already:

* Reset the Google Nest back to factory defaults (twice)

* Reset the Google Doorbell (battery) back to factory defaults

5 REPLIES 5

Frankm
Community Member

Have the same problem

Iandaynes
Community Member

Same problem here too

dwmccorm
Community Member

DO NOT MARK THIS ISSUE AS RESOLVED, THIS IS ONLY A HACK WORK AROUND

Ok, here is the low down on this one.  I think the root cause of the problem was my Nest Protect and Nest account settings being incompatible with Google Home.  If you don't want read about my poor experience and just want what worked for me, jump to Step 9🙂

1. Contact Google and talk with them for 2.5 hours (and wonder if they are a bot)
2. Follow the support reps instructions and reset your Nest hub twice back to factory defaults (once for each agent you talk with)
3. Follow the support reps instructions and reset your Nest Doorbell Battery twice back to factory defaults (once for each agent you talk with)
4. Get a promise of a case update within 24 hours
5. Wait 24 hours and don't get a response
6. Contact support with your case number and ask for update
7. Get a response saying that they'll get back to you sometime (no ETA for a response given)
8. Get frustrated and decide if they don't want to debug it, you'll have to do it yourself
9. Launch the Nest Protect App, remove the smoke detector
10. Remove the Google Nest Door Bell and Google Nest Hub from your Google Home
11. Create a new "House" inside of Google Home and add the Google Nest Door Bell and Google Nest Hub to your Google Home and put them inside of your new "House".
12.  When it asks if you have any existing Google Nest devices (such as a Nest Protect), say you don't.
13. Test it out and it worked for me!
14. Take next 15 minutes manually migrating each of your existing devices to the new "House".
15. Try to add the Nest Protect using the Google Home App, but then you remember that you can't because the Nest Protect still isn't supported within the Google Home and be afraid to add it back in because it will mess up your doorbell.
16. Try to move your wifi settings to the new "House", but then find out that you can't migrate them with google and question why you even bought Google in the first place.

Sorry for the sharp tone of this response, but this wasn't the customer experience I expected when purchasing from Google.

Dave

Frankm
Community Member

Haha well thanks for the good laugh Dave! 

I find also a solution yesterday. And perhaps it had the same problem/solution.

My Google Home "House" has 2 partners that can acces/add products to the house. When I installed the Google Nest Doorbell i did it through my phone. And when I added the Google Nest Hub I added it through my partners phone.  

I deleted the Doorbell and added it again through my partners phone. And miracles happen.. IT IS WORKING NOW. 

Would love to hear from you if you also have different accounts in your Google Home that can give this issue. Seems like a privacy thing perhaps. Which is complete nonsense because you give different accounts acces to your home.  

dwmccorm
Community Member

Update

For the case related to this thread that I opened November 25, I can report that we're actually getting further from a resolution.

I received an email asking me to use the Google Home to log the issue through the "Feedback" there instead.  And according to my case email that I received from support,  "Without your cooperation we will not be able to proceed further.".

So, after spending two hours, doing all of their steps, reseting everything back to factory defaults (twice) and responding to each request back for more information within 1 business day (on my side, definitely not their side).  Then another hour or so creating steps to reproduce, they now want me to use the General App Feedback to get more logs.  

Based on the response in the last email, it feels as if support wants to close this issue down without resolving it.

BTW - Has anyone been told by Google Support that this is an issue unique to them?