cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

so sorry i merged my nest account to Google

sigy827
Community Member

i have had an original Nest account that was working beautifully_ consistently  reliable, clear, stable connection at all times_ i love it. I merged defunct drop cam cameras and set up all new cams on Google home app (which is flimsy, unreliable, and not consistently working, iOS). Two google cams on my nest account still work. When i try to merge these onto my Google home acct, i get an error:IMG_1873.PNG

no matter how many times i try, not working. Wish i had never merged to google home. should have just added updated cameras to my nest account. so sorry we are all doing this merger- horrible. dont if you haven't.

1 Recommended Answer

MplsCustomer
Bronze
Bronze

@sigy827 

It looks like you probably set up new Google Nest devices in the Google Home app using your Google Account without first migrating your Nest Account to that Google Account.

When that happens, Google Nest suggests this workaround under "Error message: Google Account is already linked with another Nest account" in the Help topic below if you want to use that Google Account for all of your devices:

"You can link only one Google Account to one Nest account. If the Google Account you want to migrate to is already linked with a Nest account, you have 2 options. You can either:

Use the Google Account that's linked to another Nest account:
1. Sign in to the Nest app with your Nest account.
2. Disconnect all your devices.
3. Sign out of the Nest app.
4. Select "Sign in with Google" to sign in with the linked Google Account.
5. Reconnect your devices."

https://support.google.com/googlenest/answer/9297676?hl=en&sjid=6338786406296370519-NC#troubleshoot-...

(We migrated our Nest Account to a Google Account in 2020, and had never used the Google Home app, so we were lucky enough to not get caught by this.)

View Recommended Answer in original post

2 REPLIES 2

MplsCustomer
Bronze
Bronze

@sigy827 

It looks like you probably set up new Google Nest devices in the Google Home app using your Google Account without first migrating your Nest Account to that Google Account.

When that happens, Google Nest suggests this workaround under "Error message: Google Account is already linked with another Nest account" in the Help topic below if you want to use that Google Account for all of your devices:

"You can link only one Google Account to one Nest account. If the Google Account you want to migrate to is already linked with a Nest account, you have 2 options. You can either:

Use the Google Account that's linked to another Nest account:
1. Sign in to the Nest app with your Nest account.
2. Disconnect all your devices.
3. Sign out of the Nest app.
4. Select "Sign in with Google" to sign in with the linked Google Account.
5. Reconnect your devices."

https://support.google.com/googlenest/answer/9297676?hl=en&sjid=6338786406296370519-NC#troubleshoot-...

(We migrated our Nest Account to a Google Account in 2020, and had never used the Google Home app, so we were lucky enough to not get caught by this.)

I'm concerned because i've read some people disconnect the nest cameras and when they try to connect them to the google home app with the others, it still doesn't work. Then i've lost use of ALL the nest cameras i need as well. I am very gun shy as this has not been easy (and for a geriatric, i am considered very tech savvy). I wish i had taken the time to do this more carefully. left for last minute to see which cams would be lost in nest.

Thank you for your reply. i will at some point have to do this and appreciate you taking the time to lay it all out.