cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Chromecast Remote Batteries/Battery draining

DesertfoxNick
Community Member

If I leave the batteries in the remote, (and the TV is off,) they'll be dead within 8 to 16 hours.

With no luck, I've already been through similar posts that suggested things like factory resetting it, repairing it to the CCast unit, etc. etc.

Luckily my Xbox controller works, because this remote has already eaten 2 8 packs of AAA batteries in just a month.. 😞

1 Recommended Answer

Ashepherdson
Platinum Product Expert
Platinum Product Expert

Okay this may sound stupid but, open your camera app on your phone, aim the remote at your camera without touching any buttons and look at your phones screen,  Do you see a light from the top of the remote flashing or constantly on? If so one of the buttons is probably jammed.. push hard on all buttons on the remote until it's released, you can confirm by pointing the remote at your camera again.  

If this test fails or you can't get it to unjam, then it's probably just fried in general, new remote would be best option then. 

View Recommended Answer in original post

1 REPLY 1

Ashepherdson
Platinum Product Expert
Platinum Product Expert

Okay this may sound stupid but, open your camera app on your phone, aim the remote at your camera without touching any buttons and look at your phones screen,  Do you see a light from the top of the remote flashing or constantly on? If so one of the buttons is probably jammed.. push hard on all buttons on the remote until it's released, you can confirm by pointing the remote at your camera again.  

If this test fails or you can't get it to unjam, then it's probably just fried in general, new remote would be best option then.