cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Damaged HDMI cable

Capoferrari
Community Member

HDMI flat cable on my Chromecast 2nd generation is damaged. Where can I purchase a replacement cable?

1 Recommended Answer

Byteguy
Gold Product Expert
Gold Product Expert

I am sorry, it is not possible to get a replacement for that cable.  And, Google does not have an option to repair it.

Since the 2nd Gen hasn't been sold since late 2018 you are well out of warranty.

Your only option is to buy a replacement device. 

The newer Chromecast with Google TV models are quite a step up.  They now include a remote and an interface so you can use apps directly on the Chromecast and not rely on your phone or tablet to cast.  They also have upgraded processors and wifi radios in them.

View Recommended Answer in original post

1 REPLY 1

Byteguy
Gold Product Expert
Gold Product Expert

I am sorry, it is not possible to get a replacement for that cable.  And, Google does not have an option to repair it.

Since the 2nd Gen hasn't been sold since late 2018 you are well out of warranty.

Your only option is to buy a replacement device. 

The newer Chromecast with Google TV models are quite a step up.  They now include a remote and an interface so you can use apps directly on the Chromecast and not rely on your phone or tablet to cast.  They also have upgraded processors and wifi radios in them.