cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Have Chromecast 4K Power On in Standby Mode?

doron
Community Member

Hi folks,

My Chromecast 4K is connected to a receiver which is connected to a projector which in turn triggers a motor-powered screen. During normal operation, this works beautifully: Powering on my Chromecast powers on the receiver and projector (HDMI/CEC), and the latter brings down the screen. Power off button on the remote shuts everything down. Perfect. 

Well, almost. When there's a power failure, and power is subsequently restored, the Chromecast boots into "on" mode, rather than "standby". This causes the whole system to power on, projector, screen and all.

Is there a way to tell the Chromecast to boot into "standby" mode when it receives power (or, perhaps, "last known power state"?)

I found a lot of online discussions about the opposite direction (i.e .prevent it from going to standby), but none on this aspect. 

Thanks for any insight. 

If there's no way to do that, - it'd probably be a good option to add (maybe in Developer Mode or some Advanced section).

1 Recommended Answer

Byteguy
Gold Product Expert
Gold Product Expert

Unfortunately, there is not a setting option for that.

You can tell Google what you would like by using the "Send Feedback" option:
https://support.google.com/chromecast/answer/6292231

Google doesn't read every post in this forum but they do read and track all the feedback they receive that way. Just so you know, they won't respond directly to feedback so don't ask them any questions.

View Recommended Answer in original post

1 REPLY 1

Byteguy
Gold Product Expert
Gold Product Expert

Unfortunately, there is not a setting option for that.

You can tell Google what you would like by using the "Send Feedback" option:
https://support.google.com/chromecast/answer/6292231

Google doesn't read every post in this forum but they do read and track all the feedback they receive that way. Just so you know, they won't respond directly to feedback so don't ask them any questions.