cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

How doo u cast or stream PC sound too your chromecast connected too your amplifier / receiver ?

Kenneon
Community Member

Hello

Is a very simple question but i havent got an straight answer.

I have a laptop/pc with windows 10. And i like too stream or cast sound too a chromecast unit that is connected too my yamaha recevier with hdmi or whatever connection it provides that is best for sound transfer, which one?

Is it possible  ? 

On other many many DAC streamers you have too use a tablet, ipad, iphone, android with a special app too doo this, soo. Which means y can ongly stream music and sound through this special apps and units.  I  like too stream or cast sound from my PC too the chromcast into the receiver / yamaha and out too its speakers and play musci from whatever media i want online or what i have in harddrive

Is it possible and which chromcast modell should i use or can be used ?

Sinsere Kenneon

2 REPLIES 2

Byteguy
Gold Product Expert
Gold Product Expert

There are a bunch of things to consider here.

First, you can cast from Windows.  The best way is to use a cast-enabled website (there are THOUSANDS) using the casting icon.  Read this for details:

https://support.google.com/chromecast/answer/3265953

When you use the casting icon, the service pushes the sound to your Chromecast device.  Your computer is NOT handling the stream so you get the best performance and sound you can get.

But, if you want to cast local content or a source that isn't cast-enabled, you can mirror your Windows computer:

https://support.google.com/chromecast/answer/3228332

This is not as good because your computer has to capture the sound, re-encode it, and push it to your Chromecast.  You can have performance issues and you may get all the other sounds your computer makes.

But, very important, to use a Chromecast you have to set it up using the Google Home app on a compatible phone or tablet.  There is no way to do the setup using a computer

https://support.google.com/chromecast/topic/7215248

These instructions work with all the Chromecast models that are for sale today.

Kenneon
Community Member

Hi !

Thanks for the support !

Is good tips and links but i cant see the clear answer in does reference too what im wondering about.

The chromcast "audio" units dont need too be nescessery directly connected to the receiver if it cant be done for streaming, casting music that way from the PC. Im okej with that, is fine.

The point is too deliver musiccast (or sound-musicstreaming) with adaptive apps (for ex spotify) from your PC too the chromecast connected too the TV. If the chromecast unit is connected to TV is fine as long as the sound is transmitted with hdmi or optical, audio cables too the receiver.

For exempel. If i cast spotifymusic from my windows 10 PC too the chomecast connected too the tv i dont want any meny or picturescreen or mirror view from my pc too my tvscreen except mayby a little ikon in the corner. I like too see tv channels from a digitalbox (card) while im playing musiccasting too the tv.

And next step is how doo i then transfer the sound (ongly) too the receiver from the chromcast in the tv too the receiver  ?  I need a lineout hdmi cable for ex too the amplifier that transfer the music from the chromcast 

Is this possible?