cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Unable to download the Viki Rakuten App

ttrinh163
Community Member

I just bought the new Chromecast for my TV and  I can't download the Viki Rakuten app. I couldn't find it in the app store and it is saying that the app is not supported by the latest version and won't let me download

2 REPLIES 2

MagicAndre1981
Silver Product Expert
Silver Product Expert

There is an a bit ugly way to install it. In Playstore install the APKMirror Installer App and download the Viki app installer from apkmirror (dot) com. Open the apkm file with the Appmirror installer (in the open dialog select other and here the apkmirrror installer app) and select which language you need, allow the Appmirror installer to install apps and install Viki. I see the app now and can open it. But I don't want to register just to test if the app works or not.

Hi folks,

MagicAndre1981, thanks for the suggestion.

ttrinh163, the app developer develops their app and chooses what devices it can be installed on. We're always looking for ways to add more supported streaming apps on the Chromecast with Google TV. Please send feedback about this via Google TV. Here's how.

Also, I'd suggest you reach out with Viki Rakuten support for additional information. Let me know if you have other questions and concerns otherwise, I'll be locking this thread after 24 hours.

Thanks,

Jennifer