cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

All my light and switches are suddenly offline

multikon
Community Member

This evening suddenly all my switches and lights show an offline status. They are still available and function correctly via their own apps. I am talking about smart life switches, switches and lights accessed via the Hubitat Google Home bridge. They are all offline. The Nest devices (cameras), Google  WiFi and the nest displays are are all fine. 

Any suggestions? Is there a status page to see if there are issues with Google Home?

I think I will start looking to move completely to local control because cloud base control is a major pain if it is down for some reason.

1 Recommended Answer

multikon
Community Member

I an replying to myself.

I brought back my devices by doing the following:

1. Created a new home
  2. For each device:
    1. Move device to new home.
    2. Move device back to original home
    3. Device is now online again

This is as painful is it gets if you have many devices. This is clearly a bug with Google Home that needs to be fixed by Google.

I will mark this as the recommended solution but it really isn't. Only Google can fix it once and for all, if they will even bother.

View Recommended Answer in original post

1 REPLY 1

multikon
Community Member

I an replying to myself.

I brought back my devices by doing the following:

1. Created a new home
  2. For each device:
    1. Move device to new home.
    2. Move device back to original home
    3. Device is now online again

This is as painful is it gets if you have many devices. This is clearly a bug with Google Home that needs to be fixed by Google.

I will mark this as the recommended solution but it really isn't. Only Google can fix it once and for all, if they will even bother.