cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can’t set up Google Neat with Alexa

SammyT603
Community Member

I’ve just had a Google Neat Thermostat installed. The thermostat and Google Neat app are working fine.

trying to set it up with Alexa.

When I use the Alexa app - I sign in with my Google account and the device does not show in my Google account.

I have downloaded the Google Home app and tried adding it into there by “Adding a device” and clicking “Works with Google Home”. This then asks me to sign in with my Nest login details (which is my Google account)…but this says my login details are incorrect. They’re not.

can anyone offer any advice please?

1 Recommended Answer

David_K
Platinum Product Expert
Platinum Product Expert

Does your thermostat show up in the Google Home app?

When you install the Nest Learning Thermostat or the Nest Thermostat E in the Nest app, the thermostat should automatically appear in the Google Home app if you’re using the same account in both apps, using the same home structure, and have assigned the thermostat to a room in the Nest app. If any of that isn’t true, you’ll need to go ahead and fix those issues to see if you need to try the steps below at all.

Assuming all of the above is true. try these steps:

1. Open the Nest app and follow the “Create another home in the Nest app” steps linked below to create a new temporary home structure:
    Manage homes and products with the Nest app - Google Nest Help
  2. Open the Google Home app, find and delete the home structure you just created by following the “Delete a home” steps linked below:
    Share a home and devices in the Google Home app - Google Nest Help

This forces the two apps to sync and your thermostat should now appear in the Google Home app.

Once you can see the thermostat in the Google Home app, follow these steps:

Control Google Nest products with Amazon Alexa - Google Nest Help

View Recommended Answer in original post

1 REPLY 1

David_K
Platinum Product Expert
Platinum Product Expert

Does your thermostat show up in the Google Home app?

When you install the Nest Learning Thermostat or the Nest Thermostat E in the Nest app, the thermostat should automatically appear in the Google Home app if you’re using the same account in both apps, using the same home structure, and have assigned the thermostat to a room in the Nest app. If any of that isn’t true, you’ll need to go ahead and fix those issues to see if you need to try the steps below at all.

Assuming all of the above is true. try these steps:

1. Open the Nest app and follow the “Create another home in the Nest app” steps linked below to create a new temporary home structure:
    Manage homes and products with the Nest app - Google Nest Help
  2. Open the Google Home app, find and delete the home structure you just created by following the “Delete a home” steps linked below:
    Share a home and devices in the Google Home app - Google Nest Help

This forces the two apps to sync and your thermostat should now appear in the Google Home app.

Once you can see the thermostat in the Google Home app, follow these steps:

Control Google Nest products with Amazon Alexa - Google Nest Help