cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Google Home App - Virtual Homes

TS01
Community Member

Hi all. I have a question regarding the Google Home app and I was hoping somebody could hep.

1) I have Google Home devices such as a Chromecast and Home Mini in a virtual home called - 'SFA Home' on the Google Home App under my account.

2) Someone else in my family has a Google Nest Hub max under their Google account and it is owned by them.

Is it possible, to add their device into the virtual home even though it is under a different account?

1 Recommended Answer

David_K
Platinum Product Expert
Platinum Product Expert

No because they are not in the same home structure, they're in two different home structures but connected to the same Wi-Fi network. For them all to be in the same home structure, they need to all be setup using the same account. 

Alternatively, if you want to keep things the way they are, you can tap those devices under "local devices" and send an invitation to manage them. You'll then be added as a member of the other home structure, and can manage those devices in your app as well.

View Recommended Answer in original post

2 REPLIES 2

David_K
Platinum Product Expert
Platinum Product Expert

No because they are not in the same home structure, they're in two different home structures but connected to the same Wi-Fi network. For them all to be in the same home structure, they need to all be setup using the same account. 

Alternatively, if you want to keep things the way they are, you can tap those devices under "local devices" and send an invitation to manage them. You'll then be added as a member of the other home structure, and can manage those devices in your app as well.

TS01
Community Member

Hi @David_K,

Thanks for confirming this. I'll probably re-create everything under a new home using the same Google Account.