cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Presence sensing, "Away" delayed in the mornings

ogsv
Community Member

This issue has been bothering me ever since I setup Google Home. I've been troubleshooting as much as I can, but still can't get my head around it, so figured I'd post it here.

When I leave for work in the mornings, usually between 5am and 6:30am, Home notices my phone leaving within 1-2 minutes - never had a problem with this. However, the Presence status of my home only changes to "Away" between 8:00 and 8:30am, due to inactivity ("Because everyone left the home").

I thought it could have something to do with the Assistant Routine triggered by my alarm clock, so I disabled that routine, but to no avail.
I then thought it could have something to do with my Nest Protect seeing me just as I leave, but the Presence status changes at the same time, independent of whether I leave at 5:45 or 6:30, so I doubt that's the issue.
Now, the really fun part, is that if I leave home a bit after 8 in the morning, the Presence mode switches at the same time as my phone leaving home.

I'm at my wit's end with this - any suggestions on how to continue the troubleshooting? Is it possible to get any more debug info than what can already be seen in the run log of the script editor? (I created a script that triggers on homePresenceMode = AWAY, but it obviously doesn't show anything because it's not triggered before 8am...)

0 REPLIES 0