cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

open roller shutters to a set point given by voice command

maxxx87
Community Member

I am tryng to use a voice command to open the shutters to a set point, the set is given with the voice command.

the idea is to say " open shutters at 40% " and the script should take the "40" value and use it as a set point for the shutters.

I am not sure this is actually possible 

11 REPLIES 11

ogsv
Community Member

If the app for your shutters exposes the setpoint to Google Home (you will see this on the device tile), this should work. With my IKEA blinds, I can say "Set blinds to 30%".

maxxx87
Community Member

Ok but how do you take the 30% variable in the script?

ogsv
Community Member

I quite honestly don't understand why you want to script this, if the shutters are already able to receive the command..? Are you not saying you want to control them by voice?

maxxx87
Community Member

I need to create a particular scene with a selection of devices; is possible only to do this automatically with all device or a single one at time

Hollen_ar_mor
Community Member

You can set the % just after the "type" command :

Hollen_ar_mor_0-1696273112014.png

thanks but the goal was to use a variable for the percentage not a fix point

Hollen_ar_mor
Community Member

You can just tell your assistant "open the shutter xxx at 40%"

Note it's the same if you "open" or "close" at 40%. 40% is always the percentage of aperture.

I think I don't understand exactly what you're trying to do... You want to make an automation ?

I need to create a particular scene with a selection of devices; is possible only to do this automatically with all device or a single one at time

ogsv
Community Member

In that case I would just place all the devices required for this scene in the same room, so you can do "set office shutters to nn%".

maxxx87
Community Member

unfortunately that is not an option as I need separate rooms for each device

Hollen_ar_mor
Community Member

I think I see !

With the "graphical" routine setup in GHome App, I can't do anything directly with my shutters. (When I have a routine doing something with my shutters, I use 3rd party scenario.)

You should do the same, maybe ?  (You don't have another App with your shutters in ?  Like SmartThings ?)

Otherwise, try GHome Automation in YAML. It works perfectly for the shutters : https://home.google.com/home