cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Air coming out as vents not as warm

dbherron
Community Member

Hi, I recently installed my nest thermostat and it has felt cooler in my house ever since. I have checked all the wiring and everything is correct. The thermostat is showing that the house is at 70F but it feels colder than when we had the old thermostat always set on 67 or 68. 

I checked the O/B issue which is all I can find regarding my problem. The air coming out of vents is cold when on Cool but is only lukewarm when on heat. I had the heat on 70, increased the temperature to 73 to test the air. Air never got warmer coming out of the vents but within 1 minute, the thermostat was reading 73 degrees in the house.

Any suggestions?

6 REPLIES 6

dbherron
Community Member

I'll also add then when I did the test on the Aux Heat, the air coming out was rather warm and seemed to be working great. The issue seems to be with Stage 1 and 2 heating not being warm enough

kiltguy2112
Silver Product Expert
Silver Product Expert

Easiest thing to try, is put a themometer right next to the thermostat and see what it reads. Diffrent thermostats can easily be off by a few degrees.

CARLOS2998
Community Member

Same problem....was youra resolved?

No, we’ve just been keeping the temperature three or four degrees warmer to compensate. Assuming the thermostats just read differently 

AugustStClaire
Community Member

I just had nest installed a month ago and I’m having this problem too. 

Elsonjm
Community Member

Same issue.