cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Getting email from Google - We've noticed an issue with your new Nest Thermostat

puttz
Community Member

I have received this email 3 times now, this number is not in service and I put a ticket in with no response.  All the links, reply-to address, etc point to google.com, so it doesn't appear to be a scam.  How do I fix this?

-------------------

We've identified an issue with your new Nest Thermostat and its ability to draw power from your heating or cooling system. Unfortunately, the issue cannot be fixed on your device, but we'd like to replace your thermostat for free. It's the least we can do for the inconvenience.

To receive your free replacement, please contact our customer support team at 1 (855) 469-6378. When speaking with Support, please provide the thermostat's 14-character serial number, which can be found on the bottom of the device above the QR code.

We apologize again for this inconvenience and look forward to helping you.

- The Google Nest team

1 Recommended Answer

MplsCustomer
Bronze
Bronze

@puttz 

We don't have a Nest thermostat, but I believe the email is legitimate. It's been reported in this forum for a LONG time now, along with the fact that the email inexplicably includes a non-working phone number.

Google Nest does NOT publish a Support number. To contact Support:

1. Go to https://support.google.com/googlenest/gethelp.
2. Select a category/product family, and type in a brief description of the issue, then click "Next".
3. Click "Other", then click "Next step".
4. Under "Resources", just click "Next step". (Clicking one of the listed links will bring up a Help page page.)
5. Under "Contact options", choose to get a phone call or chat with the team, depending on availability in your country.

View Recommended Answer in original post

2 REPLIES 2

MplsCustomer
Bronze
Bronze

@puttz 

We don't have a Nest thermostat, but I believe the email is legitimate. It's been reported in this forum for a LONG time now, along with the fact that the email inexplicably includes a non-working phone number.

Google Nest does NOT publish a Support number. To contact Support:

1. Go to https://support.google.com/googlenest/gethelp.
2. Select a category/product family, and type in a brief description of the issue, then click "Next".
3. Click "Other", then click "Next step".
4. Under "Resources", just click "Next step". (Clicking one of the listed links will bring up a Help page page.)
5. Under "Contact options", choose to get a phone call or chat with the team, depending on availability in your country.

puttz
Community Member

@MplsCustomer 

Thank you! this worked.  I could not find access to their contact info, they were able to help me and will provide a replacement even though it was past its warranty period.