cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Heating takes forever!

Spudrick
Community Member

I installed the 3rd gen Learning Thermostat a few days ago and it's been a disaster. 

I set it to eco mode overnight (52F) but programmed it to 68F at 7 AM when I get up. I got up in a freezing house and the thermostat was in the eco mode still after 7 AM. I though it was a glitch so set it to 65F at 5 PM to make sure it has enough time to heat up the place before 6 PM when I get home. Nope. 52F. At 6 PM I set it manually to 68F, it says 2+ hours to reach that temp. 5 hours later at 11 PM it was only 63F. 

Is this how Nest saves energy? I bet this is a very efficient way! I never had such issues with my old Honeywell so I called Nest support and they tell me I need the C wire. I have a two-wire gas system (no AC) and I know that C wire is required for the regular Nest as it displays an error, but the learning one does not show any issues. 

I see a bunch of videos about how well the Learning Thermostat works with a two-wire system. Which one is true? 

6 REPLIES 6

SanNGA
Community Member

I have had my two nest units for over a year and they have worked fine however now I am having the exact same issue with both not heating at night. It seems that the firmware/software upgrade to 6.2.22 may be the issue. I have tried everything to fix it. It is not a hardware issue as I have had  the maintenance guy out to check both units and when he puts the old thermostats back on they work fine but when they switch back to the nest I am having this issue with not heating at night.  It never seems to reach the temp it is set for. I have them set for 70° and although the thermostat stays orange as if it’s heating the temperature slowly drops and it says 2+ hours to reach 70°. And just continue drop during the night.

SanNGA
Community Member

Was this ever resolved? I am having the same issue…

Spudrick
Community Member

No. I haven't looked for any other community, but this one obviously is not very active.

Google doesn't seem to care/know.

SanNGA
Community Member

Thanks for the update. I’m checking other community posts and several very similar none of which have any real solutions. 

Apbrenner
Community Member

same issue.. have posted this into my chat with Nest Support and asked for an escalation.. not very optimistic

Hwomack911
Community Member

Any resolution? Mine does the same… and we are freezing 🥶