cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Just moved...

ITSolutions01os
Community Member

Hello All,

We just moved into our new home, I brought out Google Nest with us and I thought 10 minutes later everything would be setup. Wrong, it appears our previous home had all electric heating and cooling and our current home has natural gas.

I'm not an Electrician or HVAC professional, but I can follow instructions. I'm hoping someone can provide me the wiring instructions needed. If I left out any important information, that was not my intention and I can provide what's needed to assist with the help I'm requesting to complete the installation.

Many thanks to all who will take the time to help!

Thanks!

9 REPLIES 9

MetalGlacier
Silver Product Expert
Silver Product Expert

Go to nest.com/works to see if your system is compatible and wiring diagrams that go along with it.

Hello MetalGlacier,

Yes, it's compatible, please advise next steps.

Thanks,
Omar

Hello ITSolutions01os,

I know it has been a while, and thank you for taking the time to let us know about your inquiry. Let's sort this out.

Could you please share with us a photo of your thermostat's wiring setup? Also, what Nest Thermostat model do you have?

I'll look forward to your response.

Regards,

Mark

Hello Mark,

Says I don't have permission to upload images? If I can get permissions, I'll share the image I have.

I have this model: https://store.google.com/us/config/nest_learning_thermostat_3rd_gen?hl=en-US

Thanks,

Omar

Hello Omar,

I appreciate your effort. Could you please at least tell us the list of all the wires you have on your thermostat's base?

Thanks,

Mark

Wiring.jpeg

Hello Mark,
Looks like Google heard me, please see attached image.

Thanks, Omar

Hey there,

Thanks for the photo — a big help!

It appears that your system is Nest Thermostat compatible. Here's your wiring guide for how you should label the wires:

• C (blue wire)
  • G (green wire)
  • Y/Y1 (yellow wire)
  • W/W1 (white wire)
  • R/Rc (red wire)

Please let me know if you need more help.

Regards,

Mark

Hi ITSolutions01os,

I'm checking back in — how's it going? Still need our help with your thermostat's installation? Let us know so we can assist you right away.

Regards,
Mark

Hey ITSolutions01os,

It has been a few days since your last reply, and we're going to lock the thread within 24 hours. If you have any questions, please feel free to create a new post.

Thanks,

Mark