cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

NEST 3rt Gen thermostat says online, account says "OFFLINE" since Feb 1 - any way to refresh server?

GNorthFranz
Community Member

Having seen descriptions matching my problem back to 2021, I am concerned there may be no answer, but I wanted to start a new thread to inquire: has anyone been able to contact Google Support to have their Nest account access verified?

I have been successfully using Nest with a Nest account - that I had not yet migrated to being associated with a Google account - until the end of January, 2024. At that point, my Nest account started showing my Thermostat as OFFLINE, even though Nest Protect status and thermostat scheduling still work as they had been.

I attempted the Google migration, from my Nest-only account to a matching Google account, and all the subsequent troubleshooting steps included in the Nest app Support section, all to no avail.

The last step may be resetting the Nest Learning Thermostat 3 completely and setting up from scratch, but from all indications, the problem is not that the thermostat itself is not connected - it describes successful data updates in the "Technical Info" section on the thermostat itself, and it receives schedule updates if I make changes in the app, the only OFFLINE element seems to be the close-to-real-time reporting of temperature and status, and the ability to make changes to temperature or fan settings in the app instead of using the thermostat itself.

Does anyone, including all the Platinum Product Experts, know of a way to confirm the "server side" status of our accounts, to see if there is anything that needs to be reset or refreshed on the ACCOUNT side that would be preventing information from getting back to the app? 

Any help would be appreciated, as I would very much like to have full functionality back rather than watching the Nest Thermostat and Protect setup fade into needing replacement soon.

Thanks in advance. 

Gary

1 REPLY 1

AgaibyHome
Community Member

I don't think the issue is with the Migration as I too am having the same issue as of a few days ago  (I didn't want to migrate 2 years ago but was forced to in order to get 60 days of clips at the time, and only big disadvantage is inability to sign in on Android TV after migrating, but you can use Google assistant to show cameras on TV with your voice). Nest thermostat itself says connected to WiFi and online.  Nest app connects to nest hello 1st gen, 3 nest protects fine and thermostat says offline as well for me as of now (2/20 it says it was last reached).  I do remember the nest app had an update yesterday on the android phone so I'm wondering if that's he culprit.  I restarted thermostat, the wifi, connected it to 5ghz and 2.4ghz bands and it still says connected on thermostat itself but not in the nest app and also the Google home says offline.  Thankfully thermostat still works without the app connected and going through the troubleshooting and trying to sign out of nest app and sign in didn't fix it.  The last be possibility trouble shooter said was router needed to be updated, which is a possibility as I do have an old one but still, it does seem like a server sided issue.    I did notice like a year or 2 ago that it didn't want to connect to 5ghz wifi band so I switched it to 2.4ghz, now it does tho again but not sure if maybe the WiFi antenna is wearing out.