cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Need last months full history for Nest, energy bill just about doubled.

VivianaC
Community Member

Nest Learning thermostat was installed in August. Duke Energy bills have been pretty much steady and similar to previous year. Last month's bill for Oct was $83.61. Temps have been getting cooler and have an energy saving home. Hardly any A/C used, and heater has been used sparingly mostly when it has dipped into low 40s or cooler. It varied from running only 30 mins for the night. Other nights it could be 0 or 2 or so hours of total running time.  We live in north Central Florida, so during this time of year, A/C  or heater us hardly used. Well, we just got got Duke Energy bill for last month for $158.78!  HOW???  I know the A/C and  heater have not run like it will in the summer and even then we don't even pay this amount in the summer. I know it ran about 80 hrs for month of October. I look at the history every day and its been from no use to maybe 2 or 3 hours total use for the day. Nothing has changed in energy use with anything else either. Can anyone tell me if I can get a history of daily use for the month, in this case November so I can challenge this with Duke Energy.  Last year, for October's bill it was $83.63 so it is pretty much same to this year.  Nov 2020 bill was $75.68 and this year somehow it doubled. So is it possible to get a 30 day history?

1 Recommended Answer

Anytime. Please mark the answer as a solution when you get a chance. 

View Recommended Answer in original post

4 REPLIES 4

laurentbourg
Bronze
Bronze

Yes you can get that from the energy dashboard in the google home app. 

VivianaC
Community Member

Thank you so much! I had not used the Google Home app to look at the Nest info. It shows 25.25 hours. Again Thank you!!!

Anytime. Please mark the answer as a solution when you get a chance. 

Bmartinez
Community Member

Wow Im dealing with the same issue! I wonder if it’s because of installing the nest. Maybe it’s actually an issue rather then a benefit.