cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Nest Learning Thermostat Cannot Display Weather for my location - newly built house

CDNGladiator909
Community Member

Hello Everyone,

I bought my Nest Learning Thermostat a few weeks ago and installed it without any issues and it has been working fine ever since.

However, I wanted to have it display the weather in my current location. So after putting in my address on the Nest App, I only get an exclamation mark inside a cloud. Now mind you, I live in a house that has been built earlier this year and I thought that maybe that is why it was not recognizing the address. Weird thing is, when I was putting in my address on the Nest App, my address did come up in the "auto-fill". And my house was correctly pin pointed on the "map"

I tried a different address, basically the address of a Wal-Mart store down the street, and it worked! I got the correct weather and temperature displayed. The only issue with that is, if I am not using my actual home address, the "home/away" assist is a bit glitchy.

I tried chatting multiple times with Nest Support but its the same old verify your address, which I have done many times already". Hoping someone was in the same shoes as me and what they did to fix this.

Thanks

1 REPLY 1

Patrick_Caezza
Platinum Product Expert
Platinum Product Expert

@CDNGladiator909 

If you add your location using the thermostat, it only asks for your zip code.

Does your new house show up on Google Maps? I have seen new housing tracks take a while before they get added to the Google system.

To ensure that I see your reply, please tag me using @Patrick_Caezza