cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Nest Thermostat

Sachkam
Community Member

After a power outage one of my nest thermostats (less than a year old) is continuously showing out of battery or your thermostat needs to be shut for it to charge…sometimes it’s red light blinking and sometimes green, at times it starts for a brief moment and then shuts again. I have tried to charge with the usb cable as well (whole night) but same issue. 

how do I get my unit work or get it replaced?

3 REPLIES 3

Sploddy
Community Member

I have exactly the same issue - help!

AdeM
Community Member

Its under warranty, contact Google support. Looking at Google Warranty all hardware is guaranteed for 2 years.

But you will have to go through the phone support first and a Tech will walk you through the problem solving tasks before an replacement can be authorised. 

anengineer
Community Member

Same-ish problem,  

Since an update on November 2nd my less than one year old gen 3 Nest Learning Thermostat has now stopped working three times now due to a battery /charging issue.  The first two times it actually charged on my desk using its USB port. 

When connected to its base and I check its "Power" readouts though its settings menu it shows:

Battery - 3.852 V

Vin - 32.45 V

Vout - 32.45 V

lin - 200 mA(c)

Are these expected readouts?

It will no longer charge at all. A green LED blinks constantly and the screen displays "Please attach the display to its base". (Which I've done several times but it won't charge its battery.)

Prior to Nov 2nd it worked flawlessly.

(I do have a 'C' wire)