cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Nest learning thermostat heating with system off

digitalw0lf
Community Member

I've had my Nest installed for over 2 years with no issues.  Recently, I've noticed odd behavior that has not happened before.  I have my system set to off (because right now the windows are open at my house).  However, the heating system is turning on anyway.  I looked in the app, and it shows that the system is off, but it also shows that it is heating (the background is red).  I have to change the mode to cooling, then back to off to get it to stop heating.  It has only started recently doing this, and it seems to happen in the middle of the night.

Possibly related, but I've also had issues with the fan schedule.  Until recently, if I had the system off, the fan would not run.  Now, even if the system is off, it will run the fan according to the schedule.

Both issues have started in the last month or so.  I noticed there was an update in November for the Nest.  Has anyone else experienced odd behavior with their thermostat since the update?

1 REPLY 1

DThomas
Community Member

I'm having the same issue with our Nest  (not the learning one).  I turned my heater on for the first time since we installed it and I couldn't get it to turn off until I turned on the AC. I checked the wiring; the white wire was loose but that didn't fix the issue. I'm also noticing that the AC is turning on outside when I turn on the heater, as far as I know it shouldn't be doing that it never did with the old thermostat.