cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Nest not heating to set temperature

AEWeber
Community Member

I have my temperature set to 69(F) but the temp in my home is reading 57(F) and "in 1 1/2 hours" it will reach desired temperature. The C wire is connected, heating system has been recently serviced, air filter replaced. History in the app says it's been running for 24 hours...which isn't true - the furnace has been blowing warm air in cycles as it usually does.

What am I missing? Dangerously cold temps here in the Midwest. Please help!

2 REPLIES 2

Serenity_hope
Community Member

Am having same issue. Have reset are nest a few times now. No issue during day then  Happens a lot in middle of night. Will wake up freezing then go lower temp then put it back up and heater will kick on but will not get up to desired temp. Have messed with setting turned everything off. Some say turning off  schedule and safety temp worked for them. Or just keep resetting it.  Did a deep dive in threads and has been an issue with nest since 2021. At wits end. Bought to go buy a cheap thermostat from Lowe’s so we aren’t freezing this next week. A lot of old threads say that was their fix. 

NB_Raschke
Community Member

@AEWeber wrote:

I have my temperature set to 69(F) but the temp in my home is reading 57(F) and "in 1 1/2 hours" it will reach desired temperature. The C wire is connected, heating system has been recently serviced, air filter replaced. History in the app says it's been running for 24 hours...which isn't true - the furnace has been blowing warm air in cycles as it usually does.

What am I missing? Dangerously cold temps here in the Midwest. Please help!

SOLVED! So I am in Texas and having a similar issue with my Nest thermostat. Like you, my HVAC unit has not been running at all. 

1. Open the Nest app

2. Go to the settings gear

3. Click Equipment

4. Go to Dual Fuel

5. Slide to "Never"

For whatever reason, my Nest assumed I had an alternative source of heat in extreme temps (ie gas). I do not! My HVAC instantly turned on after adjusting this setting. Hope it works for you!