cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Nest thermostat schedule run for 30min.

hiphopast
Community Member

Hello. 

Is there is any chance to set up Nest thermostat to run my gas boiler for 30 min instead of min. 1h.

Hi. Im try to setup my thermostat the way i like as my old worcester boiler comfort II RF. 

I wake up at around 5:10AM so i would like to have ma boiler on 10min before (5AM) to heat up my radiators and room. 

Living home around 5:40AM so I would like to switch off my boiler around 5:30AM as radiators still will be warm before I live. With nest minimum time it is 1h so minimum 30minutes every day heat waste. Change temperature everyday on thermostat is pointless and misuse what they advertise smart. I like the look of it and temperature feature as well as wifi connectivity but because of that lack of customisation with schedule tempting to go back to my old system as it was more customise and not dumb as my nest thermostat.

Any chance to tell Nest thermostat to run my boiler for 30 min in the morning and then switch off and keep eco temperature?

2 REPLIES 2

hiphopast
Community Member

Google Nest will not offer more advanced customisation so I have workaround it.

Made simple rask in tasker using Google assistant to change temperature at desired time. Now I can change time and temperature any time I want. Hope Google will not distroyd this functionality. 

Jimmy2mac2
Community Member

I agree, I think nest app great for remote switching on heating. But the schedule timer in the app. Is a total waste of time. And basically makes the app useless. Old style thermostats far better. Having a baby in the room and wanting heating on fo 10 minutes in the middle of the night can't be done, 1hr minimum cooks the house. Same as a timer for getting up. Shocking a decent timer can't be added to this app. Basically the app is a waste of time bar remote control benefits