cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

New install issue

Stevesteve
Community Member

New installation of 2nd gen learning Thermostat and heat link problem.

All Equipment appears to be operating OK but boiler is not firing.

Thermostat makes the heat link audibly click and the green flashing light appears to signal that the unit is calling for heat - unfortunately the boiler isn't firing.

For the install to the boiler I utilised the common and call for heat (2 & 3) on the heat link - At the boiler I disconnected the link wire between ports 1 & 2 and connected port 2 (Heat link) to port 2 (boiler - switched live in) then port 3 (Heat link) to port 1 (boiler - 230v live out).

As this failed, I've disconnected the heat link - reinserted the jumper between ports 1 & 2 of the boiler, then reconnected to the existing/old wireless thermostat which is now back up and working.

Is this likely to be a compatability problem or a fault (if I were a betting man I'd say the issue lies with the heat link)

Thanks.

👍

Resolved.

Long story short - Brand new unit supplied without instructions.

Boiler has bolt on reciever unit connected via WiFi to external Thermostat/clock.

Power to bolt on unit should be capped off and black to black wires connected together that previously fed that unit.

I've yet to put this into place but see that it worked for someone else.

1 REPLY 1

Kev1n
Community Member

Hi I've just completed a Gen 2 Learning Thermostat install as follows

My Stat simply sits above the Heatlink and is powered by the 12v supply directly from the Heatlink itself (T1&T2).

(Re wiring I did not fit my Heatlink over the programmer, which still controls the Hot Water, Nor in the airing cupboard which contains a huge metal Cylinder and No messing about with the wiring centre neither)
I simply fitted the Heatlink over the old Wall 'Stat, using the same 3 wires,  ie N L & 3 Plus the vital link from live to common! Checkout the  John Ward Nest video on youtube
Best of luck with it