cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"You do not have permission to view this directory or page" error when adding Watts Home device

mfelzani
Community Member

I have the Google Home app and then also an electric floor that is controlled by a SunTouch SunStat thermostat. The thermostat is the wifi model and I can see and control it through the Watts Home app without any issues.

However, from the documentation it sounds like that device should work in Google Home by way of the 'Set up a device' > 'Works with Google' flow in Google Home. I can search for - and find - "Watts Home" listed on the screen which follows, but once I choose it I'm brought to an error page where the message, "You do not have permission to view this directory or page," displays - it looks like it's trying to render some content from microsoftonline.com? I'm guessing it's trying to give me a login page for the Watts Home app, but failing. And I expect anyone can try the sequence I mentioned and get the error (regardless of whether you have a Watts device or not).

I'm curious if anyone else has hit this before? And if you've been able to resolve it and can share what you did that would be amazing. 

Lastly, I do have a pretty old model phone - a 1st Generation iPhone SE - though given the error I see I'd be surprised if that's relevant.

0 REPLIES 0