cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Device on my network with a fixed ip that its ip address is not assigned by the nest dhcp

lobsterboy
Community Member

Hi,

I have a nest router network with several wired and non-wired devices connected to it.

One of the wired devices is a smart home hub which has a fixed ip (i.e. i set up in the device itself its ip, and it requests/announce this ip from the network). I made sure it requests an ip address within the network ip range, and it works fine. When I am in the network I can access the device without a problem from other devices.
Problem is I want to make sure the nest router reserves the IP to this device, and - more important - I want to forward a certain port to this device.
My problem is that when I enter the google home app and try to set this up, like I did to other devices, I can't see this device. Since I can't just reserve IP/port forward to device by entering its details, and I must choose it from a list, and the device does not appear in the list, I can't reserve its IP or forward port to it.
This restricts me from accessing the device from outside my network...
I am so desperate I am thinking about buying another router to put between the ISP and the Google Nest just for this device ...
Is there any way to fix it?
Thanks in advance for any help/suggestion!
L.B.

2 REPLIES 2

Ashepherdson
Platinum Product Expert
Platinum Product Expert

I have a device that sets it's own IP, which is fine as it's also within the range.  On the nest side all I did was the port forwarding , I did not need to manually reserve the IP there 

This means you can see the device in the device list. I can't see it. Maybe its customizable?