cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Google Wifi Permanent Device Priority

siniarch
Community Member

I'm not sure why this hasn't been implemented by now.
How difficult would it be to program a priority list of at least 10 devices (or really, as many as possible) on the app. And yes, permanently!

It seems so simple. I know at least 3-6 devices on my network that I would love to make sure they have priority over the rest. Specially my main computer. I'd love to make sure that one has always the fastest network out of all my devices. And the 2, 4, 6 or 8 hr option is just ridiculous. Not saying it's bad to have that option, but why would it not have an "Always" option is beyond me.
Please, please, please, Google, make this change. At least for 1 device, but really, would be great to have a priority list of multiple devices.
Than you so much.

2 REPLIES 2

olavrb
Platinum Product Expert
Platinum Product Expert

Feedback to Google can be provided through the Google Home app:

The only new or improved features added to Nest Wifi since I bought in to it in 2018 that I can think of are WPA3 and preferred activities for some VOIP products. So new features aren't added on a regular basis, as you also can see from the firmware changelog.

I don't work for Google.

siniarch
Community Member

Thanks for the reply.
I'm not sure why Google would take such a lazy approach to updating their firmware on a product that so many people would use on a daily basis. I guess they do not care about their customers. I can tell you that I've dealt with many smaller companies that are constantly trying to improve the products for their customers, by adding features, optimizing their firmware and sometimes even their hardware. I don't t think I'll be buying Google Wifi units in the future and may even look at replacing the current ones I own from a manufacturer that actually cares about their customers.
Thank you for your answer.