cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

How to use Nest WiFi Router as a Point

Beeshke
Community Member

Hi we setup one Nest WiFi Router to our modem with two additional points.

I have two extra Nest WiFi routers not currently setup. Is it possible to use them as two additional points?

whenever I try to set them up in Google Home, it tries to setup a whole new WiFi network.

any ideas how to achieve setting them up as two additional points not new networks?

4 REPLIES 4

olavrb
Platinum Product Expert
Platinum Product Expert

Using Nest Wifi routers as additional points should be as easy as described in this guide:

Make sure they are factory reset and ready for set up:

You can also try to set it up while its' LAN port is connected by ethernet cable to the primary puck LAN port. After setup, ethernet cable can be removed.

I don't work for Google.

Hello, I am having the same issue as user Beeshke above. I previously had several nest WiFi routers setup as points to another nest WiFi router. I was not able to add an additional one recently so I did a factory reset on all of the devices. Now that I reset up my Network on the nest WiFi router I can not connect any of the original or new routers as points. When I do try to set them up I get this issue(pic attached) where it thinks it is setting up an additional Network, not a point. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Capture.JPG 

I still have the same issue and we never figured it out.

It's a bummer. I started a new post on this, so hopefully it gains some more traction and solutions.